Friday, October 19, 2007

It's been a long time...

...I shouldn't have left you without a dope post to read through.

I've been in the trenches. Working on the launch of the redesigned website for the Golden Gate [X]press at San Francisco State University. We've got the new front (home) page working. The rest will come soon enough. That's the good news. And the bad...

It's been a trial and a half running a staff of 22 online producers. And my tenure here is only half over. And it's made me reexamine the reasons why I chose to be an editor.

I'll tell you this: some people have no business even studying journalism, let only being on somebody's staff. And I won't elaborate, because this isn't the place. Plus, some of these people still have time to make me eat my words. (I would love to eat my words right about now. I'm hungry. Hell, the website's hungry.)

Signing off for now. More to come.

--Slightly disheartened online managing editor in San Francisco

P.S. Let me know what you think of the new front page. Again: Golden Gate [X]press Online

Labels: , ,

continue...

Posted by Aaron Morrison at 7:43 PM | link

Read or Post a Comment

Aaron, I think it looks good. I love the great use of the multimedia packages. Very prominently displayed, rather than being tucked at the bottom of the page like my paper does it. One observation: it may just be my browser, but all of the news stories appear in a thin column on the right hand side. I'm not enjoying that at all. Maybe is there a way to bring them beneath the multimedia packages?

Posted by Blogger T Dot @ 11:09 PM, October 21, 2007 #
 

Yes. I've noticed that on some browser. Also, the resolution and width of your window and/or screen affects the way that side news bar appears. I'm going to find a way to set the dimensions on that...thanks for the feed back...and keep it coming, people!

Posted by Blogger Aaron Morrison @ 7:41 PM, October 22, 2007 #
 
<< Home

We'd Like to Know...

Our Favorites

NABJ
Poynter Institute
Journal-isms
Media News
Romenesko
Ask the Recruiter
About the Job
On The Media
Columbia Journalism Review
Howard Kurtz's Media Notes
Eric Deggans
E-Media Tidbits














































































































































































































































































































































































.