Friday, May 02, 2008

Awarding behavior

They announced the finalists for the Livingston Awards yesterday, recognizing the work of talented journalists under the age of 30.

Be inspired.

I'm not on the list, but I do have some pre-award butterflies in my tummy.

Tonight is my awards ceremony for the Rhode Island Press Awards.

I've got my dress (a smart black sheath) hanging on the coat rack outside my cubicle. My pumps and shiny purse are in a bag under my desk. I couldn't take the pressure of having to keep my outfit presentable all day, so I figured I'd just change just before the ceremony.

I'm trying not to be too amped. I really am. I don't want to be cocky. And I want to be surprised.

I am, however, thinking positively.

On my resume I added two new lines under awards:

2007 Rhode Island Press Association First Place - Spot News
2007 Rhode Island Press Association First Place - In-Depth Reporting

Sigh.

One can always hope.

Labels: , ,

continue...

Posted by T Dot at 12:27 PM | link

Read or Post a Comment

nice blog and hope u dont mind the drive by and do chk me out one day if u can, ill be back.

and if u like what u read, do let me know, maybe be even consider adding me to your blog roll

Posted by Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo @ 9:26 AM, May 03, 2008 #
 
<< Home

We'd Like to Know...

Our Favorites

NABJ
Poynter Institute
Journal-isms
Media News
Romenesko
Ask the Recruiter
About the Job
On The Media
Columbia Journalism Review
Howard Kurtz's Media Notes
Eric Deggans
E-Media Tidbits














































































































































































































































































































































































.