Friday, June 08, 2007

This is Jeopardy

In our newsroom, the Mets on TV rule above all else -- even the hated Yankees. But you'll never hear the volume go up, save for three reasons: A perfect game, a major horse race and Jeopardy.

Yep. Alex Trebek Jeopardy.

When I was at home my dad and brother would always play, trying to answer each question before the other. But here in the newsroom, folks are more drawn to what questions each staffer didn't know. Here, Jeopardy is more of a curious obsession than it is a game to be played. As much as I'd love to join in on the fun, I dare not embarrass myself.

After all, copy editors are the kings and queens of useless info.

Labels: , ,

continue...

Posted by Darren Sands at 7:25 PM | link

Read or Post a Comment

That sucks man! I don't have Tivo, but I have a timer on my VCR and I record my Jeopardy everyday.
And I scream my answers at the TV and correct contestants when they don't answer in the form of a question. Lol.

Posted by Blogger Southerner in Suomi @ 1:09 PM, June 09, 2007 #
 
<< Home

We'd Like to Know...

Our Favorites

NABJ
Poynter Institute
Journal-isms
Media News
Romenesko
Ask the Recruiter
About the Job
On The Media
Columbia Journalism Review
Howard Kurtz's Media Notes
Eric Deggans
E-Media Tidbits














































































































































































































































































































































































.